Monday, 14 August 2017

Rust effect on Canvas

Hello crafty people,
Time for another project. This time I have tried making my own rust pastes using different colors and adding sand to it. The click gears are all made with paper clay and even the screws... 
I layered the Canvas with cheese cloth first. Then cut grunge sheet in different sizes and stuck it. Gave a quick coat of black gesso. I made most of the embellishments. The watch, the frame , the bottle cap , the button are metal pieces. I loved the bulb on it. The wings attached to the frame are made with IOD moulds. I again gave it a coat of gesso. The came the fun part. I painted the Canvas with the rust paste. Then used the Finnabair waxes, then added some patina magic again from Finnabair to it. Hope you all enjoy seeing the pictures as much as I enjoyed making it.
Thanks for stopping by.
Teena Munot

Thursday, 3 August 2017


Hey crafty people. Time for another project.
One of my very favourite friend wanted me to make planners along with a pen stand to gift his near and dear ones this Diwali. I loved the idea and started working on it. I wanted to give it a vintage look.
I truly love playing with the crackle mediums and the patina mixes.Also the IOD clay moulds gives any project a defined and a brilliant look.
For the planner I first gessoed the cover then I applied the golden crackle medium from Art Extravagance. Then I applied black acrylic colour to it after drying. I wiped of the extra black colour with a baby wipe.I also scrubbed a bit of sand paper. I adorned it with a lot of embellishments made with paper clay. A centre piece also made with clay and added a metal sentiment LOVE with 3D matt gel. I have also added some art basic stones from finnabair. I lastly used metallic wax and bronze patina paste till the time I was happy with the result.

 And for the pen stand I took a wooden pen stand added IOD Moulds. I choose a vintage design used. I first gave it a coating of bronze and then blue patina. Then I used sand paper to bring the effect. I also added metal rings on the sides to it. At the end varnished them all. Please pardon me for some reason all my images are horizontal